New York, NY, USLocation:
Thu, Apr 21 ’22Posted on:
HWKN is an expanding architecture firm that is reinventing the world we live in – creating a more sustainable, inclusive, and unforgettable place for all. We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our international team immediately. The candidate will be integral to further developing the Business Development sides of our studio. An exciting time at HWKN with competition-winning designs underway in London, Austin and Munich, they should thrive in our high energy, creative and truly cooperative environment.
At HWKN, the Business Development Manager works directly with the firm’s Principal and partners to craft and execute a strategy in pursuit of further new projects in the US and around the world.
The role’s primary responsibilities include:
Primary Task: Business Development
- Strategize outreach with Principal and Partners
- Build and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline in our CRM (Copper)
- Proactively reach out to potential clients and build relationships between them and our partners / principal
- Support the design team to create tailored responses to RFQs/RFPs and to develop custom packages and pitch presentations; There is a significant amount of targeted, often structured, proposal writing
- Update all BD / marketing collateral, including resumes, project materials, databases, and profile documents
- Attend client meetings and events as a representative of the firm alongside other team members. Candidates must be professional in demeanor and highly confident in a supporting client-facing role
Secondary Task: Public Relation
- Coordinate media opportunities with our PR consultant
- Manage social media and other content creation, ensuring frequency, tone and voice are aligned with overall firm strategy
- Utilize the services of our branding consultant and our in-house architectural writer
- Update and maintain website content; coordinate development and launch of upcoming website redevelopment
- Plan and organize photoshoots for completed projects; adhering to a set budget, negotiate photographer contracts, coordinate logistics, provide post-production direction
This is an opportunity to take charge of a department that will grow substantially in the near future. You should understand the business of architecture, have strong interpersonal skills, spoken and written communication skills, graphic presentation and organizational skills, and the flexibility to easily work on a broad range of tasks simultaneously. A sense of humor never hurts!
- Must be comfortable and relaxed working in a creative atmosphere that emphasizes personal accountability and business transparency
- 3+ years working in marketing or development in architecture or similar work environments
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills; strong phone and email etiquette are imperative
- Ability to work on multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, international environment and navigate an array of personality types, both internal and external
- Strong critical thinking, the confidence to be proactive, along with demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Commitment to exemplary work quality and attention to detail
- Proficiency in InDesign, Google Suites
- Ideally located in NY
- Perfect English, and ideally some fluency in German
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, non-exempt employment
- Flexibility of remote and hybrid work
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Health insurance participation
To apply please follow the link.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Back to Job List…