We are seeking a talented and motivated digital product manager to join the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Digital Client Experience & Platforms team. The Digital Client Experience & Platforms team defines and drives the online and mobile experiences for Morgan Stanley clients. In the Product Owner and Business Analyst role, you will inform direction and contribute to the creation and on-going success of the latest digital solutions for our clients.
You will be a vital part of a dynamic team responsible for delivering the digital client-facing authentication, client entitlement and security experience for all digital platforms, including Morgan Stanley Online/Mobile, Shareworks and E*TRADE. As a smart, passionate, detail-oriented team player who loves interacting with a diverse set of people solving tough problems and challenging the status quo, this is an amazing opportunity to forge a new digital direction for a highly respected company that is deeply committed to reinventing itself. Strong performing individuals will be supported in further professional development.
• Inform and contribute to definition and delivery of core product features and experiences to meet target audience needs consistent with product strategy and vision
• In Agile environment, facilitate product development lifecycle from defining product vision/scope to launching MVP to ongoing management of product to meet KPIs
• Support Fleet and Product Owner with definition and prioritization of product roadmap, release planning, and development and communication of business requirements
• Collaborate with key stakeholders from business, technology, risk, banking, cyber & fraud, communications, legal & compliance to elicit requirements and UX that influence authentication, identity and access solutions
• Identify and elaborate on critical user journeys, use cases, workflows, and business processes that align with the product vision/goals and address critical user and control needs.
• Build and maintain prioritized product backlog – identify, groom, and validate epics and user stories for agile sprints. Your epics and stories will result in strong releases and client feedback.
• Support backlog refinement and sprint planning ceremonies to communicate requirements and drive consensus with squad and program stakeholders. Prepare presentations and management briefings.
• Gather, organize, and assimilate internal and external feedback to identify and prioritize product gaps, enhancements, and new features
• Collaborate with UI/UX team to develop information/interaction architecture, user flows, wireframes, and visual design comps
• Team up with program management to effectively organize and plan product releases
• Work closely with the technology team to assure effective communication of requirements and rapid delivery of key product releases
• Drive development of adequate program support across non-technology teams, including Field Engagement and Adoption, Client Service, Legal, Compliance, and Risk. Aid in vendor relationships and software assessments.
• Define and track KPIs and product/program adoption and usage metrics – evangelize for adoption
• 4-7 years of experience as software or digital product manager, business analyst or equivalent with experience working within an agile/scrum development process
• Experience of delivering new innovative fintech, digital products, solutions, or applications
• Knowledge or exposure to wealth management and online brokerage/banking
• Prior experience creating and delivering web or mobile digital authentication. Online security, cyber or fraud solutions for digital wealth management solutions is a plus
• Exposure to leading vendor technology related to authentication, cyber and fraud is a plus
• Proficient at defining, analyzing, documenting, and communicating product and software requirements in an agile software development setting
• Passion for collaborating with UI/UX designers and developers to deliver client-friendly products and user experiences
• Thought-leader and self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to identify and solve critical problems and achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Polished written and verbal communication skills able to effectively interact and influence a diverse set of business and technical stakeholders
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Experienced at documenting controls and engaging in risk & control assessment exercises
• Adaptive and enjoys new situations, nurturing relationships and building consensus
• Efficient at managing multiple projects and initiatives concurrently under deadline constraints
• Thought-leader – strong familiarity with industry trends and best practices, and a perspective on how to advance the current state-of-play
• Naturally curious and a very logical mind – a willingness to dig into the details to understand details
• Analytical and data-driven – demonstrated track record of utilizing data to measure performance, identify opportunities, and make successful decisions
• Keen intellect – ability to gather, analyze and synthesize a significant amount of information, and turn it into clear and actionable product requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field is required. MBA a plus
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.