Table of Contents
Senior Business Analyst
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Based from the London office, the Senior Business Analyst works with users, developers, and partners across the peermusic offices to specify and deliver process and system changes and lead projects, with the goal of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of peermusic’s business operations and the services we provide to our clients.
peermusic is the world’s largest independent music publishing and neighbouring rights administration company, operating from 38 offices in 31 countries.
The Global Tech team develops and maintains the core business applications and websites which allow peermusic’s Administration teams to manage over a million copyrights, and process hundreds of millions of royalty statement lines for tens of thousands of clients around the world. The Senior Business Analyst role works between those two teams.
The Senior Business Analyst role is a new one, and will suit someone who likes working with a diverse variety of people and processes, and who is passionate about bringing clarity and coordination in order to make tangible business process improvements.
- Analyse and document business processes across the various departments and offices of peermusic and identify opportunities to align, streamline, or otherwise improve. Lead the design and implementation of changes to operations/processes. Facilitate the development of operational procedures and policies.
- Gather and manage system development requirements from users, liaise between users and developers to support preparation of system specifications, and ensure new/modified systems will meet business needs. Perform initial user acceptance testing.
- Manage the delivery of new system functionality. Lead regular meetings between business management and developers to facilitate business prioritisation and approvals and track delivery progress. Monitor risks and manage issues.
- Manage the delivery of business projects, such as the preparation and launch of new services, or onboarding for new societies or data partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert for peermusic’s IRIS copyright and royalties system. Perform some basic system administration. Provide training and guidance to users regarding system functionality and best practices.
- Become a subject matter expert in the use of industry data standards, such as CWR, CAF, and DDEX, monitoring developments and implications for peermusic systems/processes.
- Music industry: Knowledge and experience of the music industry, in particular the publishing sector, is highly desirable.
- Business process mapping: Able to elicit, map, analyse, and document existing processes using common tools (e.g. Confluence/Lucid/Visio/Gliffy), and design improved processes. Experience of leading process mapping standards (e.g. UML/BPMN) is
- Requirements engineering and management: Able to elicit process/system requirements from users, document them using appropriate tools and formats, and ensure they are translated to technical designs and outputs.
- Systems analysis: Able to understand and describe the way systems relate to each other, including defining integration specifications.
- Experience of defining/documenting APIs is desirable.
- Software testing: Familiar with basic software testing methods and best practices, able to support developers and users in the preparation of test cases and data.
- Project management: Able to define and agree a scope of work, a task breakdown, and a delivery plan, and manage work of a team against a plan. Knowledge/certification in leading project management standards is beneficial (e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK, PMP). Experience of any Agile methods is desirable.
- Data analysis and manipulation: Able to work with a variety of data formats (e.g. XML, JSON, CSV TSV, etc.) and perform basic analysis/manipulation. Ability to query and manipulate data in relational databases (i.e. SQL) is highly desirable.
- Data standards: Experience of working with the CISAC and/or DDEX data standards is desirable.
- Microsoft Office suite: A high degree of proficiency, particularly in Excel, is essential.
- Reporting/BI tools: Experience of using reporting/BI tools to query data and prepare analytical reports is desirable.
- Languages: In addition to English, fluency in other languages is highly desirable, particularly Spanish.
- Strong communicator; able to understand and interpret users around the world and explain complex things in a user-friendly way. Strong in both verbal and written communication, and good presentation skills.
- Leadership; takes the initiative, can manage opposing views, engages and motivates others, facilitates an outcome.
- Eye for detail; thorough, gets to the bottom of a problem, pays attention to the details, and ensures high-quality.
- Reliable; does what they say they will, when they say they will.
- Customer-oriented; responsive, supportive, consultative.
- Flexible; able to multi-task and balance work across multiple projects, adapts to the working hours of international users where needed.
- Strong work ethic; doesn’t shy from a challenge, willing to get involved in low-level ‘doing’ tasks as well high-level ‘leading’ tasks.
- Learner; can absorb knowledge, research around problems, learn new skills and apply them to own work and that of others.
- Based from the peermusic London office, in Richmond, with flexibility for working from home 2-3 days/week.
- Flexibility required to hold or join meetings/calls with colleagues in different countries/time zones at early or late hours.
- Scope for travel to other peermusic offices.
For consideration, please send resume with a cover letter to [email protected]