The businesswoman, who owns Creator Hair/The Blow, said she expects to have to temporarily close her salon when new Covid restrictions are announced today.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to introduce extra restrictions in some towns and cities in the North to try to halt the spread of the virus as infection rates continue to rise.
In a Facebook post on her business page on Saturday night, the owner of Creator Hair/ The Blow branded some of the scenes she witnessed last week on West Street, where her salon is located, as a ‘disgrace’.
Despite social distancing rules being in place and bans on gatherings of more than six people, revellers have continued to socialise in Sheffield.
The businesswoman said: “Today I locked the doors of a business I have spent 29 years building, knowing that on Monday we have a more than likely chance of been forced to close again.
“The scenes I have witnessed the last two days on West Street have been nothing other than a disgrace.
“Very large groups of people dressed as if it’s New Year’s Eve hammered.
“The carnage at 5pm when I locked up was horrendous.
“Sadly Covid-19 has taken lots of lives from lots of family members before their time but the legacy of this period in our history is that tens of thousands of people who built business from nothing in a very wide range of sectors employing millions of people, will disappear leaving high streets empty. Up to four million unemployed and lives ruined and a debt this country will spend 50 years repaying .
“I really hope the cheap Prosecco offers were worth it￼.”
In a second post, she added: “I would like to clarify that Creator is not closing permanently.
“My post was in anticipation of the government’s announcement that Sheffield will be put into tier three of their new Covid lockdown guidance.
“As widely reported this will mean bars, restaurants, cafes, leisure facilities and probably hair and beauty salons will all be forced to close until further notice.
“This has been brought about for the reasons given yesterday.”