Skip to content
… Read More
- Profitboss is a startup offering a free online ordering system for restaurants.
- The company recently pulled in $3.5 million in seed funding in a round led by Redpoint Ventures and joined by Kimbal Musk, Figma CEO Dylan Field, AngelList cofounder Naval Ravikant, The Chainsmokers, Raise founder George Bousis, Tinder founder Sean Rad, and others.
- Profitboss tracks user data in order to create customized ads designed to bring customers back to the restaurants it services.
- The service is free for restaurant owners. It charges restaurant customers a $1.50 fee instead of taking a cut of financial transactions like other third-party delivery companies.
- CEO Adam Guild, 21, started the business when he was 18 years old after creating its core software to help his mother’s struggling dog grooming business.
- “Everyone in this life faces different sorts of challenges,” Redpoint partner Alex Bard told Business Insider, “and some people succumb to those challenges.