- Profitboss is a startup offering a free online ordering system for restaurants.
- The company recently pulled in $3.5 million in seed funding in a round led by Redpoint Ventures and joined by Kimbal Musk, Figma CEO Dylan Field, AngelList cofounder Naval Ravikant, The Chainsmokers, Raise founder George Bousis, Tinder founder Sean Rad, and others.
- Profitboss tracks user data in order to create customized ads designed to bring customers back to the restaurants it services.
- The service is free for restaurant owners. It charges restaurant customers a $1.50 fee instead of taking a cut of financial transactions like other third-party delivery companies.
- CEO Adam Guild, 21, started the business when he was 18 years old after creating its core software to help his mother’s struggling dog grooming business.
- “Everyone in this life faces different sorts of challenges,” Redpoint partner Alex Bard told Business Insider, “and some people succumb to those challenges.
- Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelancing services, where freelancers can create a profile, post a gig, and set their own rates.
- Top sellers on the platform shared with Business Insider their best practices for finding clients and landing business.
- You can learn a lot from Fiverr’s blog resources and courses while earning badges that help you gain credibility on the platform.
- Offer up popular gigs in your specific industry, and build a reliable profile by being responsive and collecting positive reviews.
- Fiverr pros recommended directing outside customers onto the platform for better protection and efficiency when it comes to fraud, payments, and other administrative tasks.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Since its debut on the digital scene in February 2010, Fiverr, the online marketplace for freelance services, has reported it’s been responsible for helping its global community of freelancers earn one billion dollars through its platform.