… Read More
© Steve Parsons-WPA Pool/Getty Images
Steve Parsons-WPA Pool/Getty Images
- Pfizer is expanding its massive coronavirus vaccine clinical trial, opening the study to include children as young as 12.
- The company is poised to become the first major drugmaker to start testing a COVID-19 shot in kids in a large-scale study.
- The New York pharma giant said it got permission to boost the study’s overall size to as many as 48,400 volunteers.
- Pfizer broadened the study last month to include 16- and 17-year-olds as well as people with HIV, hepatitis B, or hepatitis C.
- While early clinical results were promising, it remains to be seen if Pfizer’s vaccine — or any other experimental shot — can prevent COVID-19.
- Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla has said he expects data from this study before the end of October.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Pfizer is setting plans to make its coronavirus vaccine
… Read More
New Orleans police tracked leads Saturday in the shooting of four people in the Central Business District.
The gunfire erupted in the 100 block of Camp Street (map) on Friday at about 9:20 p.m., police said. At least two victims scattered, their injuries reported to police from other nearby locations and initially leading officers to suspect three shootings in 12 minutes. Investigators soon concluded it was a single incident.
The wounded people were found at the intersection of Camp and Canal streets at 9:23 p.m., St. Charles and Gravier streets at 9:26 p.m. and the 300 block of Magazine Street at 9:35 p.m.
All victims were taken to a hospital. Police did not release the identities of the victims, their conditions or information on suspects or a motive.
The violence broke out less than a week after a man was wounded by gunfire in the 100 block of Camp early