Date posted: April 12, 2022
At TritonWear, we redefine athletes’ limits through our patented devices and AI-based auto-coaching tools showing athletes exactly what they need to do to improve. Using swimming as our $16B beachhead into the market, our products are being used by thousands of athletes globally in over 60 countries ranging from grassroots beginners up to Olympic Gold Medalists – including 30+ National Olympic Federations resulting in numerous podium finishes at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
TritonWear is backed by top-tier Canadian VC firms and has experienced strong growth including being recognized as one of the CIX Top 20 Companies in Canada. TritonWear recently launched its all-new Triton Score-based applications to fully automate data analysis for teams of all sizes drive consistently better training for athletes around the world. Our passionate and highly experienced team of former competitive athletes and product experts is based in Toronto, ON, Canada.
You have a deep background in the sport of competitive swimming as both an athlete and a coach and you are experienced in selling to Competitive Swim Teams. You love sales and thrive in a fast past growth environment.
You are ambitious, charismatic, and organized. You are competitive by nature, and thrive on exceeding targets. You enjoy a good challenge and being creative in finding ways to hunt for new customers and build the business. You love making new friends and building relationships to help broaden your network and strengthen your trust in the global swimming community.
Finally, you are passionate about start-up growth, love autonomy, and thrive as a self-starter. You know you can help over-deliver on team sales leads, being a crucial part of exceeding TritonWear’s overall growth targets. You also are hungry for self-growth and have a palpable personal goal of becoming a seasoned sales professional.
About the Role
As a Business Development Specialist at TritonWear, you will extend our global reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. In this role, you will be contacting all levels of teams around the world including Clubs, High Schools, Colleges/Universities, ISL Teams, and National Federations. You will be fed inbound leads to support your efforts, and work through our CRM and with our team sales managers to strategically target outbound leads. Finding creative ways to build your lead pool is critical to success in this role, and ensuring you achieve your lead handover targets. This remote role offers the freedom to chase leads virtually, in-field, at conferences, or in any other way proven to drive the best results. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision. At TritonWear, we strongly believe in the value of mentorship and skill development, so we are looking for a candidate who wants to grow into more senior sales roles.
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Work inbound leads from upsell mining and marketing campaigns
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities and hand off qualified leads to sales for closing
- Build outbound pipeline through personal network activation activities including strategic calling, networking and social media
- Run a tight sales process to build a healthy pipeline
- Prepare and present reports on lead generation targets detailing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress
- Prepare and deliver appropriate documentation and presentations on products and services
- Identify, present, and develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- 1+ Years in a junior sales role with experience cold-calling and early-stage pipeline building
- Strong background as an elite competitive swimmer, or competitive swimming coach
- Highly motivated and target-driven with a proven track record in achieving and/or exceeding KPIs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of sales techniques and sales performance metrics
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
How to Apply
Submit resumes to Katie Marr here: [email protected]